Exercise is an important part of any rehabilitation programme. We have extensive experience in prescribing specific exercise programmes whether it be for the initial treatment of a sports injury or to help with long term physical disabilities.
The benefits of exercise include:
- Avoidance of deconditioning
- Pain relief through the natural release of endorphins
- Improved strength of muscles and bones
- Improved stamina
- Improved flexibility by keeping joints supple
Evidence shows that regular exercise can:
- promote healthy blood sugar levels to prevent or control diabetes
- promote bone density to protect against osteoporosis
- reduce the overall risk of cancer
- increase the levels of HDL, the ‘good’ cholesterol reducing the risk of developing heart disease
- boost the immune system
- boost self-confidence and help prevent depression
- in combination with a balanced diet, help to maintain a healthy weight
At Physiostation, we have many years of experience in prescribing exercises to enhance recovery of musculoskeletal problems. We will work with you to ensure the exercises are specific to suit your needs and goals. Whether your aim is to return to or continue with high level sports, or just be able to do your normal daily activities, Physiostation can help you in achieving these.